20/03/2014

Glyph Wars!!

The Opponents


I am now in a glyph war with three people on my realm and I'm blaming the new influx of new lvl 90's!! It's now a hourly battle to make any real gold from glyphs. I was making around 5k gold per day, but now I'm having to work really hard to make around 2k gold. So I need to take a look at what they're doing and see if I can make a plan without lowering my prices too much! 

First thing I did was check out the heat maps for me and my competition that showed the amount of glyphs posted and what time. You find these over at  The Undermine Journal.

My Post Activity Heat Map

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
121234567891011121234567891011


 I post up to 580 glyphs each day, but I'm a bit limited to when I can post due to work and my wife would kick my butt if I played any longer! lol

Post Activity Heat Map for Main Competitor

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
121234567891011121234567891011

They have been posting every day and he/she can post up to 600 glyphs at a time. I have added them to my friends list, so I can keep an eye out on when they're in-game and posting. This person as the upper hand at the moment, because they're posting any time from 7am till 12am every day.

Post Activity Heat Map for Second Competitor

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
121234567891011121234567891011

This person post up to 350 glyphs per day, but mostly Monday to Friday. Also added to friends list and I also know they bark in trade wanting to buy herbs, ore and high end enchanting materials. 

Post Activity Heat Map for Third Competitor

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
121234567891011121234567891011

 Posts most days and has been doing so for a while now, but has been posting more glyphs then before the new 90's came about! Posting numbers are around the 250 mark, but only 65% of them are glyphs. This number still takes its toll on my sales!


Plan of Attack

I would like to say its going to be easy, but I'm not that lucky. So where do I start? I can't compete with my competitors if it came down to how many hours a day you could post. So I need to think about what ways I could use that gives me the best chance of getting back up to the 5k gold per day!!


 Do I think about posting a wall of glyphs at a really low price and see how that goes, but I know it may take a while to see any benefit from that way. Plus I would need to think about what price to set the wall at. My minimum price is set at 20g......but to be honest not many get posted at that. If I did choose that idea I would set the price at 50g and see what happens. I have read a post saying posting a "wall" of glyphs and take weeks or months before you start moving your prices back up (Please check out Faid's post at ClockWorkRiot because she goes into detail about setting up a glyph wall). That's where I don't really like the idea of the wall, I don't want to sell my glyphs cheap!! 


I could use the mobile app to post my glyphs during the day. This way isn't ideal because you can only post 200 or 300 a day and you can't use TradeSkillMaster to help with posting.  Also it would take an age to re post over 200/300 glyphs..........but it does have it's benefits. The main benefit is that even if my competitors have added my glyph seller to there friends list and they're watching for me to log-on they can't see me posting. So maybe not good for mass posting, but it might work for posting the high end glyphs before the other sellers log-on.

Or do I just keep plugging away and try to keep the pressure on the competition and hope they get sick of having to re post every hour. 

Conclusion



First thing, its going to be fight till the death!!! (joking)

I mean its going to be tough to get back to my 5k gold daily sales, because I cant post all day like they can. Lets hope this is just a short term thing and they soon get bored once the new 90's die down. Until then I think I'm going to be sticking to how I'm posting at the moment. But I will be using the mobile app to post more during the day when they're not posting. Hopefully with more focus on keeping an eye on my auctions so I know when I've been undercut and using the mobile app........I might win!!

Shinn





No comments:

Post a Comment