20/04/2014

Transmog.......is it worth it??


Transmog.......its a funny market I find, because there doesn't seem to be set pattern of sales. I find like in real life everyone is different. So I have been thinking of how to get more sales in this market.


  • Do I just keep posting what stock I have and not worry about trying to find out what people want?
Selling this way would be the easy option, but if I did keep going this way the most I make is around three thousand gold a week. I still think I'm going to work this way a little bit, so I can sell off old stock and pick up some of them random sales. But I don't see this as my long term plan for Transmog!!

  • Do I start only selling items that I have sold before, by checking the Accounting Module on TradeSkillMaster?
This option isn't going to work, because I don't sell many items more than once, apart from the shirts that you can buy from Dalaran. So lets bin this idea lol.

  • Do I research what sets of armor sell the most and start making these sets?
I am going to see if I can get some more sales using this method, as I think this may be the only real way of getting the sales I want/need. Next thing I need to do is locate the basic sets and start to build these up ready for selling. 

TradeSkillMaster


First thing I did was take a look at what items I already had in stock using Item Tracker and then i used WoW Transmog to search for sets that matched the items.  I found this website really useful, it helps you to view other available armor sets.

After picking some sets out that I liked the look of, I thought it would be a good idea to make a shopping group. Here is the list of the sets below:



I've started out with twenty three sets which might be too many, but I can always reduce the number at a later date.

Pricing wise I'm using the following set-up:


Transmog Sets

Alabaster Plate set

All of these items drop from world mobs, so you should find them on the Auction House. I  personally think that this would look good if you had a white shirt on underneath. 

Dropped by lvl 50 mobs

Selling Prices - Min 3500g, Max 5000g





Jade Plate Set



This set really stands out and looks good on a female!! The price for this set is very high.

Dropped by lvl 50 mobs

Selling Prices- Min 21000g, Max 25000g





Magnificent Mail Set



Its a bit bright, but its quite popular. I'm not sure about the Helmet, I think you could find a better looking one.

Dropped by lvl 50 mobs.

Selling Prices- Min 9000g, Max 12000g






Imbued Netherweave Cloth Set


Imbued Netherweave Boots
Imbued Netherweave Pants
Imbued Netherweave Robe
Imbued Netherweave Tunic

This is a crafted set (Tailoring), so it would be possible to make this yourself, otherwise check out the Auction House.

Selling Prices- Min 1550g, Max 3000g







I have not made all the sets available as this is just a taster, however, I will be adding all of the sets to my blog.

Selling


Below shows a few possible ways of making sales:


  1. Posting all the items on the Auction house - I don't see this being the best way forward, however I think selling transmog on the Auction House is good for random items and the reason for this is because I could be undercut on certain items in the set.
  2. Using Trade Chat as my main selling tool - I have been told you can use an addon called Guild Recruitment Helper, I know we all often get spammed by guild invite addons but this one might help me in Trade Chat. By using this addon it allows me to set a macro which posts a message in trade after a certain time period. I haven't used this addon before, so I'll give it a go and see how a get on. 


Right I'm going to finish there and start checking the Auction House for any missing items!!


Shinn



No comments:

Post a Comment