10/11/2015

BlizzCon: Professions, plus more and how or if I'm going to change in Legion.

Hi

Well, what can I say about BlizzCon...it was awesome, well the parts i saw anyway. I'm going to talk about Professions and Transmog and anything else that I think of as i go along.

Professions

I had to wait until Day 2, but it was worth the wait as the World of Warcraft: Legion game system panel gave us a little insight. The first thing they said about professions was "we want to give you more stuff to do". I'm happy with that right away...

Below is a list of  points that I would like to talk about:
  • Trainers.
  • Recipes are learnt from all over the place.
  • Profession quest lines.
  • Professions New UI.
  • Recipe Ranks.
  • Obliterum.
  • Craft at your own pace.
  • Crafted gear should be special.
  • Glyphs.
  • Runes.
  • Gathering.
  • Secondary professions.
  • Crispy Bacon.
  • Transmog


Trainers.

Blizzard have said that there won't be the normal trainers that we are used to, in Legion you learn recipes out in the world and from people you meet a long your way. They talked about tailoring and how you start learning about cloth (not fur) and start making a rope, but its not working very well. The cloth is rejecting the thread and just making a mess, at this point you're sent off to meet a Nightfallen, who comes from the tribe of Nightborn Elves, but was exiled. From here you start a quest line which takes you a Dalaran and learning more recipes. We were also told that gathering professions we also have quest lines and recipes to learn.

Below are a couple of screen shots showing the two trainers that you will meet.



Tailoring


Mining
Professions New UI.

The UI is having a make-over and as you can see from the pictures below there is something different...Recipe Ranks!! You learn the one star version and if you want to upgrade that recipe, you need to find it out in the world, these two and three star recipes upgrade, you need less mats or less time to make said items. If you want to make your items more powerful, you will need something else and I'll tell you about that after showing you the New UI where you will see that you can adds recipes to a favorite list and also a learned tab and unlearned tab. They mentioned that the unlearned will show you where you can find those recipes.


Old UI


New UI


1-3 star recipe ranks



Obliterum.

This is the stuff that is required to upgrade your items to make them more powerful. To get Obliterum you need to get to lvl 110 and you will start a quest line that ends up with you building a Obliterum Forge in the middle of Dalaran...

Forge in the middle of Dalaran.
Obliterum is gained for destroying crafted gear. They used the example;  if you are a Jewelcrafter and wanted to make a ring with the right stats,  so you make 5 or 6 of them and you finally get the ring you wanted. You now have five rings to sell on the AH or you could take them to the forge and get Obliterum. The Obliterum is then used to make the ring you wanted even more powerful!! I think this could help us gold makers because not only are people wanting to buy items they may also buy the items to take to the forge for Obliterum...the only thing I don't know is can you sell it on the AH?



Craft at your own pace and crafted gear should be special.

Not sure what I can say about the 'craft at your own pace', does that mean not so many cool-downs? Or are they saying there is so much stuff to do, we will be busy and there is no need to rush? I wanted more information , but they moved on to our next point...Crafted gear should be special.

Blizzard want crafted gear not to be a copy of raid gear, below you can see two crafted items. The left one is made from Engineering which is a goggles shaped like a gun with fire bullets!! The one on the right is necklace made for a Warrior as it has run increase while Enraged. Also all rings and necklaces will have a gem slot. I can see Jewelcrafting being back in favour with rings and necklaces having gems slot, but also having items which only certain classes can only use... 


Engineering:                                                                        Jewelcrafting:
Inscription

Is changing so much...Blizzard feel that major glyphs are redundant are removing them from the game!! I was nearly in tears at this point thinking what am I going to do in Legion now. After I calmed down and listened some more, they went on to talk about minor glyphs and what role they will play. Minor glyphs will now be a consumable item which you add to the spells in your spellbook and not learnt like before. Take a look at the pictures below showing a minor glyph and then how it works once applied.

Right click the glyph to add to spell.

Show how the glyph will work now added.


There is a restriction of one glyph per spell, but you can have as many glyphs as you want...

Inscription is also getting a new consumable, which lasts a week, but you can only use one at a time. These Runes are used to help fight  bosses which you might be stuck on and need a little help. I only have one Rune I can show you, buy hopefully there will be lots of others to make.

New to Inscription.


 Secondary Professions

Archaeology is going to have its own campaign going over several months where you find lots of things that you can use and there are pets to be found.

Cooking, they are bringing back a Panda to help with new recipes ( sorry they did say who, but I'm not sure who he is). Plus I nearly forgot, you will be able to make...

I love bacon!!


Fishing...I love fishing as you just can sit there and watch something else on the other monitor whilst doing it, however they now want fishing to be more of an adventure. Not sure what this means, but it sounds like fun.

Transmog


In Legion there will be a Wardrobe for gear.
  • Item appearances are automatically added to your wardrobe.
  • You can toss the item once unlocked.
  • Account wide.
Here is a look at the new Transmogrity UI.

The death of some gold makers!!

They have also added a tab for outfits, which is really useful for people who love transmog. 

Outfits made easy.
The outfits can also be linked, so you can share with your friends. They didn't finish there, they also did these points below...

  • All item in your bank, void storage and inventory are automatically unlocked.
  • Items awarded from every quest you have ever completed.
  • Items you may not have chosen.
  • You can hide your Shoulders.
  • Three new transmoggable slots- Weapons, Shirts, Tabards!!

 Gathering!

Just got one more thing to say here...all nodes are now shared, so no more rushing over to get that herb before someone else does!!




What does this mean to me and gold making?

First thing I'm going to say is...I can't wait for Legion to drop so i can get my teeth into professions and seeing where I can make lots of gold. 

I love the way you have to go and find recipes and go on quests to build up a story along the way. 

The new UI looks good, but I use TSM for crafting and wont be using this very much apart from looking for recipes that I don't have. Recipes ranks could be using as gold makers we are always worrying about mat prices, so if we can save on mats and time, I'm up for that!

Crafting gear looks like it could be a good market, as they have said they don't want it to be a copy of raid gear. The two items that they talked about look really cool and I can see lots of people wanting to get hold of these items. 

Jewelcrafting is looking like it might be the market leader in my view, but what do I know? Lets just wait and see.

The upgrading of items using Obliterum sounds like it could be a really good market to get into, selling the items that people are going to destroy. There is going to be items that nobody wants to use, these items could sell very well, it might just take a while to work out which ones don't get used. I'm not sure how I stand on if I want Obliterum to be available on the AH...i think we could make more gold from selling the items for people to do themselves.

Inscription changes were a big blow when they first started talking and I was thinking, shit there goes 20-50k a week gone, but after i thought about it I don't feel too bad now. I'm still going to have minor glyphs to sell and now you can add one to every spell you have. I'm hopeful that people will go out and buy one for every spell, glyphs is still going to be a big market for me. The new Runes added I'm not so sure about, time will tell.

I used to love cooking and the rest of the secondary professions and i might dip my feet back in with making some Crispy Bacon, as this could be used a lot in raids. Can't wait to get out and fish in Legion and see what happens...

Transmog, is it dead? I'm not feeling very upbeat at the moment. When they started talking about the wardrobe it was bad, but when they said its account bound i was like shit! I don't know what else I can say right now, as I'm still in shock!!

The last thing i want to say is....I am pretty happy about the change in gathering...and now its time for bed!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Shinn
 








No comments:

Post a Comment