Buy the Battlechest and Warlords of Draenor in the Blizzard sale and go and play on the NA servers and see if I can make the gold to pay for a WoW Token at the end of January. I wanted to set my self some rules, so if any new players to World of Warcraft or gold making read this, they could do it themselves.
- Only 2 chactors can be used. one is the free boost to level 90 and a new level 1.
- I can level both of them.
- The level 1 professions are Mining and Herbalism.
- Pick two professions for the level 90. I picked Enchanting and Jewelcrafting.
- No help.
- Sell everything and anything!!
These rules are not really important, but I wanted to make it a challenge. as I needed to make sure this was a fun project and didn't feel like I was doing work.
First job was to choose what class and names and here is a picture of them both at the end of January-
Wow Token prices on the NA servers are around the 37000g mark which meant I had to make just over 1200g per day, which doesn't seem a lot if your a seasoned good making. I have no stock, no battle pets that I can sell plus no gold, so what I first did was to start levelling Shinnearth and get his Garrison set up. I thought levelling up would be a good way to get some gold as you get around 14 gold per quest and sometimes 30. Once I had got some some gold saved up, I next set out working on Shadowshinn and getting her ready to work the Auction House, but I couldn't help myself but take her out for a bit...I miss playing a priest!!
- Vendor Items, so make sure you check out my post Here about selling those and also get the addon called HandyNotes LimitedVendors ( check out this post by Logon which gives you the link for the addon, but also groups to add to TradeSkillMaster. Handynotes_LimitedVendors Your recipe vendor addon!).
- Transmog can a be a really good gold earner, but you need stock. The way I got my stock was to use the Sniper option in TradeSkillMaster and the Great Deals option. These can both be found in the Shopping tab, you can only use the Great Deals option if you're a Premium user. It's ok if you're not, because you can go to Great Deals page and find your server and you copy and paste into TradeSkillMaster. Here is a couple of screen shots showing you what to do.
- Herbs from my herb garden: I don't get loads, but they always sell and I've set up a min price of 1g per herb. In the last 30 days I've made over 1800g which isn't too bad for 5mins work a day!
- Dalaran Shirts: Love selling these items as they cost between 35-55g and can sell anywhere from 500-1000g each. If you want to know where to get these, check out my post Here. Below is some proof of the sales you can make. On my server there is someone else trying to sell these shirts, hopefully you might be lucky and be the only one selling.
- Enchanting: Only really been selling WoD enchants and most sales I've had have been the Enchant Weapon- Mark of the Shattered Hand and some Enchant Neck- Breath of Haste, I am starting to get the materials for Enchant Weapon-Mark of Blackrock and Enchant Weapon- Mark of Shadowmoon, which go for around 300g which isn't great, but still profit!
- Using Sniper in TradeskillMaster can be used to make a lot of gold, remember to only buy items you know that will sell. I try to stick to battle pets and crafting materials like herbs, ore, fur and levelling gems.
- Questing: This has been a really good gold earner, I've made 13050g so far and I still have quests left to go in Draenor and the dailies.
- Garrisons: I've made 4650g, most of that has been from Garrison missions, but I did get a 1000g Shipyard mission which was at only 92% and I went for it and was successful. I only have 20 followers right now, but I just have upgraded my Frostwall Tavern to level 3 as you get 'lucrative treasure hunter missions'. I haven't seen any yet, hopefully I won't have to wait too long...
Setting up costs/Expenses
I had to spend quite a large amount of gold, here is a rough break down of those costs.
Total cost of setting up my level 3 Garrison was 12200g, These are the buildings I have right now, I'm no Garrison expert so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
Large- Barracks Level 2 Bodyguard.
Large- War Mill Level 2 Exchange garrison resources for new armor upgrades for followers.
Medium- Frostwall Tavern Level 3 Unlocks treasure hunter missions.
Medium- Trading Post Level 1 Trade crafting reagents for garrison resources.
Small- Enchanter's Study Level 1 Work orders
Small- Gem Boutique Level 1 Work orders
Small- Salvage Yard Level 2 Increases chance of recovering Salvage
Frostwall Mines Level 2 Two mine shafts and if add follower helps find mining trunks.
Herb Garden Level 2 More herbs and more work orders.
Fishing Shack Level 1 Allows small fish to be caught in garrison waters.
I also spent over 4397g on stocking up to sell on the Auction House, most of the gold has been on transmog, pets and vendor items.
So did I make the gold needed to buy a token. Yes I did and I made a bit more...
Token cost 37165g
Set up costs 16597g
Looting 7219g (worked out from last Achievement)
That should give me 5870g left over, but I have 11292g. The only thing I can think off is the rest was made from selling grey items while levelling Shinnearth. I do remember making a fair amount of gold while I was out doing my quests, plus I was also collecting all the Treasures in each zone.
It worked and it was, I mean still is good fun and I'm spending 90% of my WoW time over on the NA account. I hope this little post about how I did it can help someone do the same, I tried to keep it really simple and made sure that you didn't have to spend all your time in the Auction house. Don't get me wrong...I love sitting in the Auction House but I've done so much more in the last month then in the last three over on the EU servers. My EU account has all been about gold making and when I pop back over to post and say hi its good, but I know I'm going to be posting for the next hour or two. So if you fancy starting again like me or just want to see if you can do it...please try and let me know how you get on!!
P.S If you need a healer add Shinn#2183